Wednesday, December 11, 2013

William Lee Hankley



This is a print done by a British artist named William Lee Hankley. This print is done using aquatint and  etching, which inspires me to work with different mediums to display my theme of coexistence. I can appreciate different mediums that are done well and portray a concept in interesting way. Plus, I have been in printmaking this semester and I have been using my theme, Coexistence, to create create visuals.
            I think the people and the environment they are in represent coexistence in a literal way here, but still in a rhythmic way. The color brings my attention immediately to it and my eye travels from the sun to the people walking.  This print by William Lee Hankley inspires me to focus on coexistence using printmaking like I already have been, however I might chose different techniques like using aquatint in this print.

No comments:

Post a Comment