Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Jacqueline Dotson - Rainy Day


This is a intaglio print by Jacqueline Dotson called, Rainy Day. She brings a interesting feeling to printmaking with her style.  Her style is one derived from abstract thought processes and she inspires me to think critically about my art.  Jacqueline Dotson is definitely not literal in developing this print because as you can see, the figures in this print are meant to look like penguins, but actually look like men in trench coats with umbrellas.  She gives the effect that it is raining with snow on the ground which adds depth and dimension to her work.  I feel she inspires me to think about my theme for senior seminar of coexistence in a different way with abstract thought processes and a finished project that is creative that gives illusion to something it is not.  The interaction of men in trench coats with each other and their surroundings gives me a feeling of balance, rhythm, repetition, and emphasis which I could utilize more in my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment