Monday, December 9, 2013

Henri Matisse Dance (I)

Henri Matisse- Dance (I)


Henri Matisse is another artist that is famous and is not a contemporary artist but worked in many periods including fauvism, impression, and modernism which intrigues me and the fact, this work really inspires me with the theme of coexistence in my project.  Dance (I) is a painting that is inspiration to me because of its composition, interaction, my reaction, and its figures.  Coexistence is the term I get from the painting and may be different to other viewers, but my project makes me look more intently into this aspect within this painting. 

                I like to focus on a variety of media for visual keys that may lead to greater critical thinking of coexistence of my part. The is painting by Henri Matisse displays women that are holding hands in a circle with the blue sky behind them, while they are standing on green grass.  The idea, aesthetic, and composition are relatively simple, but help me to think about displaying my figures made of wire, in different ways.  The positive aspects of coexistence could be displayed with figures dancing in some sort of way similar to this painting by Matisse.  So in essence, this painting is more than a painting to me and makes me think out of the box when relating it to my project.

No comments:

Post a Comment