Monday, December 9, 2013


                                                   Auguste Rodin – The Three Shades

                The famous Auguste Rodin isn’t a contemporary artist by any means, but is a artist that relates to my project for Senior Seminar because of his style. In particular, this sculpture in bronze made  from 1881-1886.  He displays three men that are with the heads together leaning in unity. Arms extended out, fists closed, and a sense of teamwork, togetherness, and loyalty is thought.  The act displayed reminds me of a strong interaction of coexistence I am displaying in my project.  Their bodies together and gestural expression signifies this to me.  I like the action displayed and the interaction between people . It can evoke a strong emotion from the viewer and create questions. A narrative can be conclude in different ways and I respect this. I am making figures in my project that display a strong gesture and have body positioning that makes the viewer walk around the piece to fully perceive the meaning behind it. This sculpture by Rodin is inspiration to me and I am influenced by this to create figures with even stronger qualities portraying stylized positioning.

No comments:

Post a Comment