Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Jason deCaires Taylor - Series: When Statues Drown in a Storm, Where Do They Go?


Jason deCaires Taylor made these sculptures in the process made the world’s first underwater sculpture park, although now he has several. This is one sculpture as a whole in a series, however I thought this was the most interesting and visually entertaining.  Jason Taylor likes to blend modern art with the environment so his theme is very similar to mine. Coexistence is my theme and is what I feel when I see this sculpture of many people in holding hands in a circle, standing on the ocean floor.
               The water in the ocean is part of nature and would represent the environment part of my theme, coexistence, while the people holding hands would represent humans as a whole, in a more literal way. I find this piece literal, but unique, creative, inventive, and innovative.  I am inspired to think about how I could create a work of art that could be outside in a unusual place and could represent coexistence in a way that is visually rhythmic and entertaining like this piece by Jason Taylor.

No comments:

Post a Comment