Wednesday, December 11, 2013

David Evans - Matilda Bay



David Evans is a landscape photographer who focuses on clarity through photographing places that are fun and untamed in the world that we may not pay much attention to at first. I can appreciate the isolation, peaceful, harmonized feeling this brings me. The boathouse being in the middle of the picture centering the focus immediately there and the beautiful subtle colors of the water and lights from houses.  This picture makes me think of my theme of coexistence because it relays a strong visual sensory experience to me.  The boathouse, lighting of the houses, and the boatdock could represent manmade structures, while the magnificient sky, water, clouds, and air can represent nature, or our environment.  We don’t always see the theme of coexistence at first glance and that is why I have dwelled on this concept. Live in the moment is a underlying thought that makes me observe the beauty around me and realized the magnitude of creation and our coexistence with nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment