Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Igor Koutsenko - Summer



This is a print done with drypoint and roullette called, Summer, by Igor Koutsenko.  I feel he has a nact for creating extremely unique and interesting prints. Surrealism is the word that comes to mind, and this is a route that is a little literal of my theme coexistence, but displays it in a abstract and creative way.  This woman’s hair is either appearing to grow with nature, speficially leaves, vines, nuts, and twigs or either her hair is stuck in it. Either way, her existence is with nature and is interconnected in a more literal abstract way.
               This reveals a unique way to think about portraying my theme of coexistence.  I may not do printsmaking, but this ideal is one that inspires me to get my hands dirty and think outside of the box. This composition is sound and fills up the entire image. There seems to be a asymmetrical balance in this image because the girl is on one side and the plants, leaves, and vines are on the other which create a feeling of peacefulness with hectic movement.  The contrast is interesting and inspires me to explore new ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment