Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Clyde Butcher - God Speed, John Glenn



Clyde Butcher is one my favorite photographers that does landscapes. He uses a classic way of developing photos by using a darkroom.  He does very large scale photographs also and they come out looking gorgeous. He reminds of a modern day Ansel Dams and his work is interesting.  I am inspired to look at his work in terms of using black and white photography and utilizing interesting locations in nature with awesome compositions.
            This picture by Clyde Butcher is of a space shuttle taking off into space and could represent man, which in actuality, man is running it.  I can interpret this as coexistence in correlation with my theme because of space shuttle representing man, but also because the landscape around it representing nature. This is a more literal way of displaying this, but the ideal gets across at what I am unveiling. I will use Clyde Butcher’s wonderful landscapes as inspiration to look for interesting places to think about photographing.

No comments:

Post a Comment