Monday, December 9, 2013

Danh Vo- 26.05.2009, 8:43. 2009.


 
Danh Vo is an artist that works in Berlin and is an performance art inspired conceptual artist. This piece was named, 26.05.2009,8:43, and was created in 2009. He is interesting to me because he utilizes objects around him to make into artwork.  This piece is a Chandelier from the former ballroom of the Hotel Majestic in Paris. Danh Vo took apart the chandelier and organized it into sections according to their function and shape. This piece could be seen as simple, boring, minimalistic, and after all, a chandelier.  However, I see it as visually interesting, organized, and yes minimalistic in a way, which is intriguing to me.

            I am really inspired by this work by Danh Vo because it is a artwork that was created from nothing in a sense.  Moreover, people may not look at a chandelier as a piece of art, but when broken down into parts, it can be visually interesting. This relates to my thought that wire in a spoil is nothing until I mend, bend, twist, cut, and shape into a specified way that can display a theme of coexistence that is strong in itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment