Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Stephen Shore - From the series Uncommon Places



There is a interesting visual rhythm in this photography by the contemporary photographer, Stephen Shore from the series, Uncommon Places. It takes me to a place far from where I am at visually and mentally. I get feeling that Stephen Shore has the eye for what he wants to photograph and takes really good photographs that have interesting composition that fills the frame. I appreciate the landscape view and image that he captured on the billboard. The backdrop of the mountains and desert-like area give an isolated feeling of coexistence that I am inspired by. From my theme of coexistence, I can interpret the billboard as man because its man-made and actually has a picture of nature on it that makes it even more appealing to me and the fact the billboard is coexisting with the location its in well is also interesting to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment