Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Sfona Pelah - Untitled



Sfona Pelah made this monoprint and it is untitled, but I could think of many terms to describe it such as isolation, depression, and motionless. This is a print that helps me to think of my theme of coexistence in a different light.  If I do printmaking, I could use figures in my prints in a literal way, but in a way that evokes a emotion from the viewer and translates a the theme in a different way.  Coexistence does not have to be seen through just my eyes. I could display it through my eyes looking through another persons eyes like this image does.  A man is staring our a window into a desert filled with nothing, however I can interpret this image as coexistence in the way he seems like he wants to go out into the world and be something or do something, but he is stuck.  Coexistence could be displayed in a positive way or negative way like in this print from a person looking into the world wandering who he is. This print inspires me to analyze my thoughts and dip deeper to evoke emotion from my viewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment