Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Unknown Artist- "Sunk Cost" in Punta del Este, Uruguay.


This large-scale sculpture in Uruguay is very interesting. Its name, Sunk Cost, is very inviting and the work of art is a success. It has visual quality, a correlated theme, and has power because of its size. Its unique location and position gives way to creative genius and inspires me to think large scale and to make my work more powerful.  I can interpret this work in correlation with my theme of Coexistence because it was made from man, its location is obvious that man placed it there, and its shape is a hand that reminds me of man.  However, its material and location are not manmade and would represent nature in my mind. In essence, the coexistence of man and nature are displayed in a non-literal way other than the fact that the shape is a hand.  It inspires me to think about my location where I will place my artwork and to think about the scale relative to the location and actual size if it is in relation to humans.

No comments:

Post a Comment