Monday, December 9, 2013

Paula Hayes- Bird Bath, 2009.


 
This piece is entitled, Bird Bath, by Paula Hayes, done in 2009. It is a piece made from custom-formed acrylic. Paula Hayes has combined her interest in Art and Landscape design into a way that uniquely incorporates art, landscape design, domestic and garden products. This piece is unique and her thought process is one that interests me. She utilizes nature to combine synthetic materials and make a piece that fits in with the environment.  I can tell nature is one of her passions.

            When I look at this piece, I can see my own work.  This piece by Paula Hayes inspires me to display my project in a different way, maybe outside in nature.  I feel sometimes, displaying art in nature is not only a talent by the artist, but it opens the realms of the grandeur meanings of a piece and can tell a narrative.  I combine in a non-literal sense , nature in my project using synthetic materials such as wire.  With this approach I am able to make for a interesting concept and Paula Hayes, Bird Bath, is on the same path which opens my eyes to how I can better my artwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment