Monday, December 9, 2013

Kelley Walker - Untitled, 2008.


 
Kelley Walker is a American born artist that created this work that is untitled in 2008. He is an American post conceptual artist who works in New York City. He uses digital media with help from another artist to create, in essence, paintings, using screen printing. He likes to show the underlying issues of American politics. This piece inquires a very deep thought process by Kelley Walker and is awesome because of the four- color process silkscreen on canvas he does and he makes this image look so realistic it is inspiring.

            It relates to my theme of coexistence of humans in nature because I see the different shaped digitally created bricks as nature that is sturdy and a safe haven for many, while the colors and design are people of different races and personalities.  The way he displays this technique is good too because it is on a wall and the viewer can easily view it and interpret the piece in anyway they feel.  It gives me a sensory experience, illusion, and sets off a visually rhythmic aurora.  I respect digital art and the process of silkscreen on canvas that Kelley Walker utilizes. In essence, I am inspired to focus more on my creativeness with my project.

No comments:

Post a Comment