Thursday, August 1, 2013

Karen Sargsyan


The Armenian Artist, Karen Sargsyan, is interesting and inspirational to me because of his unique technique and medium. He uses paper and scissors to construct figures that resemble people that look distorted because of the paper flexibility and the way Sargsyan cuts the paper in jagged ways.  He has rhythm, repetition, and balance to his figures.  I like the way his sculptures can be observed in two different ways either as individual figures that are separate pieces of art or as many figures that intertwine and create a big installation of its own.  
I appreciate this style of work because I would like to incorporate many parts and create a big art form.  I understand Karen Sargsyan’s approach to create an installation with many parts because when I look at this picture, it appears to be a frozen scene stopped in time. The individual parts seem to appear as dancers or ninjas to me.  The individual art forms throughout Karen Sargsyan’s artwork is scattered, yet there is style a sense of balance and rhythm with the pieces on the ground and figures on the wall.  Sargsyan uses a unorthodox approach to creating this artwork because he doesn’t clean up after himself which aids to the interesting view that the artist has created.  Overall, I feel that this style incorporates a unique sense of artistry, insight, and creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment