Friday, August 2, 2013

Lisa Fedon


Lisa Fedon is a world class artist that focuses on wire sculpture and her ability to use negative space intrigues me because I am going to use the same technique in my project. In this particular wire sculpture, Lisa focused on designing a older man with his hands crossed and eyes staring directly at the viewer.  I like the idea of grabbing the attention of the viewer and making them feel a emotion for this illusion of a man.  The way Lisa Fedon uses the wire to display hair and body position definitely interests me.
            A wire sculpture of this caliber helps me in developing my ideas for my project and makes me think more creatively outside the box.  Lisa Fedon’s wire sculptures have developed into a wide range of shapes and designs manipulated by pieces of steel and other pieces of material.  I appreciate how she uses steel to show linear 3-dimensional forms.  This technique inspires me to look further into uses fabrics and other materials to show depth with my project. Lisa Fedon’s wire sculptures have become so distinguished and popular that they are seen in corporate and public buildings.  This also inspires me to work harder to make my project not only unique, but to have the capacity to have multiply uses instead of just an artwork in a gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment