Monday, August 5, 2013

Michael Aaron Williams




This is a series done by Michael Aaron Williams that encompasses portraits painted with coffee on old ledger paper from the 1920s and 30s.  This is only two of the portraits in his series, but they both give you an idea of the range of talent this artist has.  I like the fact he uses a medium not typically used by artists and that Michael uses a type of paper that is very old and interesting in its self. Michael Aaron Williams is an artist that inspires me because of his sheer creative capacity and willingness to look for objects that could be used for art.
            What really intrigues me is how coffee can be used to show a portrait with emotion and sensual form.  Michael Aaron Williams is a good artist at this in this series and I would like to also be able to display a portrait in my project, but of myself.  My project will be a mixture of abstraction techniques, but also have realistic qualities.  Williams executes this with perfection by displaying naturalistic portraits with abstract vertical lines. This series by Williams proves to me that there are ways to successfully display visually interesting portraits and art with mediums not normally seen in the art world. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment