Monday, August 5, 2013

Diana Beltran Herrera



Diana Beltran Herrera is an inspiring artist to me because of her ability to craft the fine details of birds using only paper.  Her ability to portray a moment when a bird is flying is really extraordinary to me.  She has had exhibitions around the world in Art and Soul of Paper and Beers. Lambert Contemporary.  It is obvious that she loves birds and that she has an exceptional talent in making birds from paper.  The colors of the birds are vibrant and make the birds look like their full of life, even abstract because some of the birds are really bright colored.  However, the birds look very precise and the craftsmanship Diana displays is well planned. 
               The birds show movement that is realistic and they appear to be weightless, which helps me to think about how I can make my senior seminar project for idealized. I would like to create a self-portrait that is realistic, but has qualities that are not typical of a normal human structure to portray a concept.  I am intrigued by the way Diana Beltran Herrera can do this with her birds made of paper.  In essence, Diana makes these birds that look like their modeled after real birds, but they have a touch of non-realistic color which adds to the immediate visual excitement I get when I see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment