Monday, August 5, 2013

Fabian Oefner: Liquid Jewel



Liquid Jewel is a new project and creative design done by a Swiss photographer, Fabian Oefner.  The series of photos that Oefner is working on defines a unique artistic approach that displays a balloon covered in layers of acrylic paint being popped.  A high speed photograph is used to capture the fleeing moment that is accompanied by manipulative shape and color of the balloon popping set up by the artist, Fabian Oefner.  This unique and direct approach in art is very inspiring to me and I picked this artist and artwork because it displays the creative use of photograph to capture an action scene.
               After contemplating how I could use photography in my project with sculpture, I realized that action involving light, color, and the use of movement would make my project better.  In essence, I want to photograph my talents, hobbies, and renaissance character. Fabian Oefner’s ability to capture these balloons in a way that would not normally be captured immediately grabbed my attention because people do not typically take high speed photographs of balloons covered in acrylic paint popping.  The fact that the balloons are covered in layers of acrylic paint appearing to have been layed out in a order manipulated to show a intended design displays an art form that is unique and it motivates me to think outside of the box in designing my project.

No comments:

Post a Comment