Sunday, August 4, 2013

Shintaro Ohata


Shintaro Ohata, born in Hiroshima, Japan, is a very unique artist focusing on two mediums, painting and sculpture together in a cohesive manner.  I really like how he is able to blend  sculpture with painting to make a scene with movement that comes to life.  In this piece, Ohata is displaying a girl having fun playing in a busy city at night.  At least, this is the ideal I receive from this artwork.  I want to try to blend my project together with multiple mediums and painting or drawing combined with wire and wood, etc, seems to be a ideal path to take to create my project.
               Shintaro Ohata inspires me to be more dynamic in my process of creating my project because of the way he displays his unique style of bringing a scene to life by placing sculptures in front of paintings. However, I may take a different approach by using many mediums together abstractly on one structure without a background like Ohata displays here.  Furthermore, Shintaro Ohata’s style is definitely one of my favorite I have observed out of the artists I have researched because of his ability to portray movement with figures that have realistic qualities.

No comments:

Post a Comment