Sunday, July 28, 2013

Henry Moore: Two Large Forms

Henry Moore is a fascinating English artist focusing on sculpture.  His ability to show repetition in style attributed by abstract form displays his unique talent and visual creativity.  I believe this style can influence me because I want to focus on abstract forms with organic shapes, however, I want to include geometric shapes.  The way Henry Moore focuses on how his sculptures fit into their environment also intrigues me.  I feel that either indoor or outdoor, one must acknowledge how their art will be affected by their environment and light. I want to make a standing object that has a sense of movement to it and rhythm like Henry Moore's, Two Large Forms. Another artistic concept to consider about Henry Moore's sculpture is that it appears to be asymmetrical. This inspires me because I want to make my Senior Seminar project a asymmetrical, but yet still repetitive with the use of forms through different shapes.  The way this sculpture by Henry Moore is displayed portrays forms that are abstract, but the sculpture as a whole still represents a idea or figure. It makes me think of women dancing or a gymnast bending backwards with their hands on the floor. Overall, I like how Moore incorporates forms in this sculpture that show a sense of abstract expressionism.

No comments:

Post a Comment